Tuesday, June 15, 2010


Ciao miei amici!

La mia ragazza, mia zia and I, Lucia, had a splendidly busy day last Venerdì (Friday!) Il mattino (the morning) began ordinarily enough with my delicious prima colazione (breakfast) of Orijen kibbles and a spoonful of yogurt (mmmmmm kibbles and yogurt …). Soon after breakfast, la mia ragazza turned me loose in the yardie so I could bark my usual congenial morning greetings to i vicini (the neighbors)

Ciao, cari vicini! E 'un altro giorno glorioso! (Hello, dear neighbors! It’s another glorious day!)

and then take care of various duties of a personal hygiene nature (NO!!! Please do not show that mortifying photo again!!), while inside, la mia ragazza dried i capelli (her hair) for 341 hours. Santa vacca! I, Lucia, could sing an entire Puccini opera ...

... in the time it takes her to fuss with her hair!!

When I came back inside, she put on my collar and leash and announced, “Andiamo, Lucia!” (“Let’s go, Lucia!”) She, zia (aunt) Conni and I went to the car, where she clipped me into my seat belt and then off we went. We drove and drove and drove and DROVE – I thought we probably had crossed the equator – and then finally, quasi due ore più tardi (almost two hours later), way, way out in the midst of molto verdi e alto alberi (many green and tall trees), we turned down a long lane and then … I saw something that looked like THIS:

La mia ragazza was too slow with the camera, so these are stand-in goats.


Santa vacca!!! Or, rather, santa capra!! (holy goat!)
I was fixated on those kids (heeeeee!!! I made a little joke!!!!) … until I heard the tell-tale and unmistakable sound of Airedales barking!!!!! Dov'ero? (Where was I? ) Era questo un dolce sogno!?!? (Was this a sweet dream!?!?)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....


I was absolutely perplesso e confuse (perplexed and confused) until I saw the large and colorful Airedale banner waving from a flagpole, and a sign on the gate surrounding the nearby house that read, “Airedale Terrier Crossing.” We were at an Airedale kennel!!! Just look at these glorious resident ‘dales!!!!



Ciao, i miei Aire-cugini! (Hello, my Aire-cousins!)


La mia ragazza was very glad to find such a magnificent Aire-kennel, with such kind, knowledgeable and aire-xperienced owners (molto grazie, Sharon and Rita!!!) not too far from la casa della mia zia Conni (my aunt Conni’s house). There are bella cagnolini (beautiful doggies) and meraviglioso proprietari (wonderful owners) who lovvvve Airedales, all set in the midst of serene, peaceful surroundings. I, Lucia, received a bellissima aire-cut while la mia ragazza and zia Conni chatted with Sharon and played with some of the doggies. And though I did not get a chance to make the personal acquaintance of any of those very compelling capri (goats) -- which, given my friendly and congenial nature, I very much wanted to do (pllllbbbbbbb to la mia ragazza, who wouldn't let me) --it was still an eccellente (excellent) day, all around.
Now, speaking of all things Airedalian, here is a pikkie of la mia ragazza’s friend’s Bullwinkle:


Si, si (Yes, yes), he is quite il bel ragazza (the handsome boy), and there is no question la mia ragazza is completely smitten with him. Ah, she is so fickle!!! What about her darlingest Lucia!?!?! But I wonder … sta per essere il mio fratellino? (is he to be my baby brother ?) Forse mio cugino? (Perhaps my cousin?) Will we ever meet??? Ah, destino! (Ah, destiny!) I, Lucia, am genuinely puzzled!


Tanti baci!
Lucia

13 comments:

Princess Patches said...

What a great adventure you had, Lucia! Goats AND Airedales! Who could ask for more? Bullwinkle sure is a cutie!

Our mom said to tell your ragazza to just let us know when you want to come and visit us. (She finally got all the legal stuffs taken care of and is ready for visitors!)

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

violett said...

Oh, my sweetie Lucie,
you will get a brother?
I also wish a brother, but mummy says, maybe next year
Kissis
Mischka

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Such khool adventures fur woo!

AND what a khutie!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Molly the Airedale said...

Bullwinkle is adorable! We sure hope he becomes your new baby brother, Lucia!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Mamma mia we've missed you Lucia.
Goodness me, will you be getting a baby brother or a baby cousin???

Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Agatha and Archie said...

SANTA CAPRA VACCA we missed you!!! We are having computer problems andetis kid Bullwinkle? He looks cute BUT call me on my cell and I brother.. Just saying ..Love A+A

Agatha and Archie said...

WHAT THE HECK KIND OF MESSAGE IS THAT ARCHIE? Geesh I was dictating to him..What I REALLY said was call me on my cell about having a borhter..there is a lot of stuff involved...Just saying Love Aggie

Wyatt said...

Lucia-
What a great adventure! Such a darling Airedale lad. Is there a baby brother in your future? Tell your Mom that Wyatt says: Two Airedales are more fun!

Wyatt

Lorenza said...

HI, Lucia!
I am sure your neighbors are happy to see and hear you every morning!
Sure you had fun!
Are you going to have a baby brother??
that would be pawesome!
Let us know, ok?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Cassie said...

Ciao Lovely Lady! How fun for you to get to see goats and other terriers! Did you bark?? I would have!
welshieKisses,
Hootie

Hello friend! What a swell day in the country.
XX-BabyRocketDog
(using mom's blog 2nite)

Sherry said...

What suspense! We can hardly wait to find out what happens next.
Alanis (Be careful; boys can be pests.)
Miro (More play!)

Hollie and Janie said...

What a fantastic day!!!! Those goats are so cute!! I hope you get a baby brother!! That would be so
much fun!!!!
Love, Janie

World of Animals, Inc said...

Lucia, what a wonderful day you had. Meeting all those cute goats must have been so much fun. Thanks for sharing your pawsome day with us. Have a beautiful rest of your week.
World of Animals