Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ciao, miei amici!!!
It is I, Lucia!!!!!!!!! (La mia ragazza says that is gramatically incorrect, but -- pllllbbbbb!!! --who cares what she thinks!)

Well, I have finally been able di persuadere (to persuade) la mia ragazza -- lazy, unmotivated, slackified soul that she is -- to sit down and type up a new post for my bloggie since the last one she did was 743 years ago. Santa vacca!! But she is a casa tutto il giorno oggi (at home all day today) and despite the many errands she says needs to run and jobs she needs to tend to, I explained to her that NIENTE (NOTHING) is more important than letting me say ciao to all of my doggie, kitteh and hooman pals in the bloggieverse, and she, for once, saw la logica e la saggezza (the logic and wisdom) of my thinking. So …. CIAO BELLA, EVERYONE!

I have some splendida e importante notizia (wonderful and important news) to report! My darlingest friend, Alyce


had cuccioli (puppies)!!!! Yes, the world is a better place thanks to dieci (ten) new Airedales

(Note to my bloggie pals: We used a bit of a creative license here since we don't yet have photos of the new puppies. This photo was taken at my breeder's kennel several days before I, Lucia, came home with la mia ragazza. The puppies are my brothers and sisters at eight weeks, and the charming, yawning puppy in the background is ME. Awwww!)

which arrived about otto settimane fa (eight weeks ago). And you should hear la mia ragazza carrrrrrrrry on about these aire-pups. If I, Lucia, had any possessive bones in my body, I would be follemente geloso (insanely jealous) of the attention she shows to the new doggies, but fortunately, I am una emotivamente sicuro (an emotionally secure) aire-girl and am in no way threatened by the UNBELIEVABLE level of interest la mia ragazza has shown in the little ones, in particular, un molto piccolo (a very small) aire-boy named Bullwinkle.

(He doesn’t look like this Bullwinkle … heeeeeee!!)

Oh, she is simply pazzo (crazy) for him, and I sense she is secretly plotting to find a way to make him my bambino fratello (baby brother). Can you imagine I, Lucia, sharing my space and la mia ragazza with a BOY!?!?! Santo fumo!!!

As for what’s happening in Lucia’s beautiful universe, well, nearly everything has been perfection, though I DID have a incontro difficile (difficult encounter) with a specific category of fauna in the back yardie, resulting in some not-so-insignificant personal discomfort. I was outdoors on a warm spring morning, chasing my tennis ball, body-slamming my cousin, Heidi,


and barking a friendly greeting to i vicini (the neighbors)

Buon giorno, beloved neighbors!

when I noticed the rose bush had bloomed like a pink waterfall over the side-yard fence.

Ahhhh! Bellissima!
So of course, I, Lucia, being the self-appointed impresario of all springtime loveliness blossoming in the yardie (heeeeeeee!!!!) decided to go over for a delicate sniff of the intoxicating pink-rose aroma. Well! Molte, molte impertinente api (Many, many impertinent bumblebees)

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

were buzzing around i fiori (the flowers) and these winged ones were, as Mango would say, most unfriendly toward my darling terrier faccia (face). When they approached me, I, thinking they were going to give me smoochies, tried to offer smoochies in return, but they WERE NOT SMOOCHIE BEES!! Instead, they began to bite my adorable self!!! I, Lucia, ran away quickly,

To quote mio amico Dennis the Vizsla, "Aiiiieeeeee!!! Run away, run away!"


but still ended up with several stings on il lato sinistro della mia faccia (the left side of my face). When la mia ragazza came home from work later that day, she noticed me pawing at my head and investigated, then put a cold cloth on my face (ahhhhhh) and some disinfettante (disinfectant) and Auntie Bye O’Ticks ointment (I did not even know I had an Irish aunt!), but the next day I was scratching and pawing at my face even more, so off I went to my V-E-T, who clippered away some of my beautiful gingery furs and put on MORE Auntie Bye O’Ticks …


and THEN gave me a shot of steroids. I kept waiting for la mia voce (my voice) to get low from the steroids or to have super tennis-ball-catching powers from them, but all they did was make the itchies stop. Anyway, I am doing much better now although I do have a huge thirst, which causes me to drink vast amounts of acqua (water) …


and must frequently visit the yardie for – ahem -- i miei doveri personali (my personal duties),

I, Lucia, cannot believe la mia ragazza posted this photo! Molto mortifying!


but the V-E-T told la mia ragazza that is typical and ordinary after a steroid shot. Of course, I, Lucia, am anything but typical and ordinary. Heeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh, one last thing: if any hoomans are interested in learning more about la mia ragazza’s friend’s splendid new aire-puppies, la mia ragazza says to let her know ….!

Tanti baci!
Lucia

19 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Lucia!
I am so happy to see you again!
The little dales must be adorable!
I am so sorry those bees attacked you!
I hope you are doing much better now!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Princess Patches said...

OMD! Lucia! We are soooo happy to see you back! We can't wait to see if Bullwinkle comes to live with you. Our mom says we 'dales need a playmate...or two, or three, or four! Of course, she would have about 6 if she could.

We hope you are all better from your bee stings! Poppy used to catch them in her mouth and they would sting her from the inside (right before she chewed them up and swallowed them).

If you make another trip to Tennessee, let us know. Our mom is finally ready for company now and we would love to meet you and your ragazza!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

pam said...

Ah Lucia we were delighted to hear from you again. And so very unhappy to here about yer unfortunate encounter with the bbbbbbbbb'sssssssssssssssss...

Please to stay away from the bbb'sss we do not want yer face to be itchy owie.

Tell yer mommy we'd like to see pictures of the puppies. We loves the puppies.

Bobo and Meja

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We are so happy to see you again!! We have so missed you.

We are tired from puppies - Our Carrleigh had 9 puppies in February!! Sweet Scotties.

Please come by and visit us.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

violett said...

Oh what we are glad, you are there again.
We have already worried to ourselves.
We hope, it are from the bees an attack again o.k.
Lots of love
Mischka

The Airechicks said...

Wow - what an adventure you've had -

Everything but the bee's - stings are no fun -glad you feel better!!!

XxoooXXxooXxxOo

Nelly said...

OMG, Lucia, it's sooo nice to hear from you. But not to hear about the bee stings! I nearly got stung too the other day, when I tried to raid a bee's nest, but Mummy quickly told me to leave it, so I was ok.
Finni and I are keeping our paws crossed that Bullwinkle will come and live with you. Two Dales have more FUN!
Nibbles
Nelly x

Inky and Molly said...

We are soooo glad to have you back! But we're sorry to hear about the bee incident. We never had a bee incident but it sounds horrific. We hope the forced frequent yard visits have stopped now.
How is your digging project going?
We would have thought you would be over here by now??

Rambo said...

Caio Lucia
Benvenuto di nuovo! It's great to see you in the Blogosphere again. I sure know what it's like to have a hooman slacker.
So tell me ragazza dolce, what is wrong with living with a ragazzo?? We can be very protective of our sorelle, you know. So maybe it won't be so cattivo, eh??
Buona fortuna to the new airedales. I hope they find a great dawg house to call home.
tanti baci,

Rambo

Molly the Airedale said...

How exciting about Bullwinkle, Lucia! We hope he becomes your little brother!
Mitch loves Airesnapping at bees and he's gotten stung before too but it's never amounted to anything - yet! Please be very careful!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Clive said...

Lucia, lovely to hear from you again but that bee incident sounded very nasty! Hope you're fully recovered now!

take care
Clive and the NSLM

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Darling Lucia! We are SO happy to see you are back to your blog. We could not figure where you went. Can you imagine getting a little brother?! I love my little brother---of course since he's a Welshie I'll always be much larger than him, but if you get one Dale bro, he will surely get larger than you! We are so excited for you. (Also glad you didn't die from those beestings,OMD,that is SO scary.) Come by & visit!!
Smooches,
BabyRocketDog and Hootie

Asta said...

LUCIA!!!!!!!!!
CIAO BELLA!!!
I've missed you vewy much.I'm so glad to heaw that aside fwom youw encountew wif those nasty beeses , you awe well! Thank dog. i was wowwied. Mommi neglects my bloggie often too..hoomans sheesh.
You awe looking as bootiful as evew, and even though those aiwepups aw beyond pwecious, you awe safe. youw wagazza will always love you best
smoochie bacci
ASTA

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello lucia its dennis the vizsla dog hay nice to see yoo agin!!! that sownds like kwite a potent shot!!! ok bye

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How nice to see woo again!

Sorry 'bout the bumblebug run in -

We hope woo won't stay away so long next time!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Asta said...

Ciao bella Lucia

You do have a most magnificent coat the colow is pawfect!!! my favowite gingewy colow!
I'm suwe youw new fwiend Cinnamon will not be able to wesist youw chawms and you'll be fast fwiends in no tempo, heheh
Soochie baci
ASTA
pee ess, I have soo missed youw wondewful Italian it's so gweat to have you back

Persephone and Buster said...

LUCIAHHHHHHHH! it is soooowonderful to see/hear from you! and bambinos aireedales...do ya really think you will get a little brother? how exciting for you and your mia ragazza. thanks for stopping by and seeing my "how to" elephant posts.. i've gotta dismember more elephants..if you visit at such a time. hey stay away from those BEEEEZZZZ, they are nasty and i wouldn't want you to get hurt again by the nasty buzzzerz..
my humomm finally decided to come home today so we will be back to "normal"???mebbe.
theBUSTER, MS.Blue & MS.Persephone

Sally said...

Helllloooo! Welcome back - we know all about lazy humans and their lack of blogging! We are sorry to hear about the SWARM of Bees that attacked you. Glad to hear you are back to fine health.

Glad you are back - lots of licks
Sally and Paddy

Wyatt said...

Hi Lucia-

So nice to meet you! Sorry about the bees biting your pretty face!
Keep blogging pictures of your cute self!

Wyatt